A digital repository serves dual purposes: to help preserve digital content for the future, and to make important digital content accessible to researchers, patrons, and students.
If your library has digital content on physical media or local servers and you’re ready to take the next step in digital preservation, ADR Services can help.
Services We Provide
Member Repository Service
The ADR is sustained by our member repositories. Membership in the ADR service includes the following benefits:
- Open source software from communities that actively build and support the software
- Metadata and content-loading support
- Storage available in 100 GB increments
- Free software training (in-person or online)
- Administrative access to customize Islandora
- Committees and working groups to share peer expertise
- Participation in ADR governance
- Availability of custom software development
- Support and access for local software that interacts with the repository
Pricing for the Member Repository Service is based on factors including amount of data stored annually and library size. Contact us for sample pricing for your institution.
Dark Archiving and Cloud Backup
For institutions that already have a solution for discovery and access of digital content, we also offer dark archiving and cloud-based backup with Fedora Commons-only services.
We can help with XML metadata standards and best practices, and offer custom metadata transformations when migrating metadata from other systems into the digital repository.