The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries, commonly referred to as "the Alliance", is a consortium of ten institutions representing thirteen major libraries located in Colorado and Wyoming. Founded in 1974 to consider ways of sharing resources, the consortium continues working toward that objective. The driving force is cooperation, the sharing of purchasing power, material and ideas.
The Alliance seeks to obtain, operate and if necessary, develop the best products and services for its members at the best terms, conditions and prices. Group purchasing remains a principal Alliance function. However over the years, to meet specific unmet needs, the Alliance has developed a variety of products such as the CARL system, Uncover, Prospector, Goldrush, and the Alliance Digital Repository. These products have proven of value to Alliance members and non-members alike.
- 09/24/2012 - 14:58 OXFORD SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE AVAILABLE
- 07/03/2012 - 13:19 Rose Nelson Appointed Assistant Director of the Colorado Alliance
- 05/18/2012 - 09:24 George Machovec Appointed as Executive Director of the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
- 08/01/2011 - 08:42 Robin Dean appointed new Director of the ADR
- 06/07/2011 - 11:40 Staying on TRAC: Digital Preservation Implications and Solutions for Cultural Heritage Institutions